Sunday, September 24, 2006


Taking a breather...

The picture's of me at Borders Express in Elyria, Ohio, while I was up there last month to sign books and meet my editor from Down Under. Seems I've been in Ohio and Michigan a lot this year, and I'm going back again Oct. 28 to Melissa's wonderful store, Paperbacks & Things in Westland, Michigan.

Meanwhile, I plug along, writing and dealing with family, not always in that order! Today has been a down-day, doing not much of anything but puttering around the house, playing with the kid and the cat...and trying to figure out myspace graphics. Gave up on that after a few minutes, after reinforcing my belief that technology was invented to make me feel incredibly stupid! One of my sons says he'll pretty up my page this week...he's good at that sort of thing, and at web design as well.

I'm working on d'Argent Honor 3: Eternal Surrender, hoping Sam Quill's a strong enough Dom to master his vampire lover...and that he won't be too angry when he wakens after saving her from a would-be vampire killer...only to find he's now a fledgling vampire, too. How will he cope, being consort to a vampire queen? And how will Alina reconcile her duty to lead her clan with her need to be Sam's loving, obedient slave?

If any of you have any ideas about how you'd like for these dilemmas to resolve, feel free to let me know. Years ago I was part of a group where we'd meet and "bounce" ideas off each other. Those sessions were invaluable--I wish we still had time to do them, but success and family obligations have intervened with all of us, so I have to work out questions on my own...unless somebody comes up with help!

6 comments:

Sam said...

It sounds like you have everything under control - and I can't wait for the next installment!

Cheyenne McCray said...

Great to see a new post from you, Ann, and sounds like you've been one busy lady. As far as the female leading her clan but submitting...remember that many strong, high-powered women like to submit in the bedroom where they can give up control and not have to worry about life's challenges and as a leader of a clan she'd have a lot! Don't know if that helps. It's hard to say without knowing more. :-)

Charlene Teglia said...

No ideas beyond what Chey said, but I had to tell you I loved the story behind the story on Out Of Bounds! Congrats on reinventing your story.

Ann Jacobs said...

Thanks for all the ideas, Chey. I'm trying now to work through the motivations--Alina's as well as Sam's.

Out of Bounds is generating a lot of reader comments--I'm so glad my editor came up with some "what ifs" that helped me make Brand's story evolve!

Faith said...

Elyria? Wow, that's a long drive for me. I'm in SE Ohio near Wheeling WV.

Becca Furrow said...

How's the myspace coming? I've heard of authors hiring web designers to do them!

I have 7 th grade twin daughters who have all kinds of fancy things on their myspace pages. People could hire them!

Huh. I got my myspace up, but I can never sign into my blogger acct. It hates me,