Thursday, August 17, 2006



Happy Birthday, Camille...

Your loving readers and fellow authors have so far amassed all but the last $1,500 or so we need to purchase the $5,495 machine that will let you keep on breathing--something that's very important to us, and I'm sure to you as well!

To all my friends:

savethequietkitty.com is going great guns, but the fund can use everybody's help. Every $5 or $10 donation adds up and brings us closer to the goal of purchasing this Inogen oxygen generating machine that can mean the difference for Camille Anthony between life and death. Let's get busy and help her so she can keep bringing us all more of her wonderful stories...and the smiles and friendship that mean more than words can say!

I'm going over to savethequietkitty.com now and putting in the few dollars I might otherwise be spending this weekend while I'm in Akron for two EC booksignings on trinkets for my kids that would only clutter their rooms and make more work for me, LOL. My college boy, Jerald, has also asked me to hold back a few bucks from his allowance and use it to feed the "kitty"-- he met Camille and her teeenage twins in Baltimore last year, and it really got to him to find out she is so ill.

Hey, have I talked you into giving yet? I hope so, because I don't know of any worthier cause!

Thanks in advance, and drop over again for an update on how www.savethequietkitty.com is progressing toward its goal of getting Camille Anthony the life-giving equipment and supplies she needs!

6 comments:

Cheyenne McCray said...

That's a great pic of Camille. I went to the site and donated. I'm so glad to hear the funds are getting close!

Ann Jacobs said...

Yes, so am I! It's great that so many of Camille's readers and fellow authors are chipping in. Thanks so much--we're edging closer each day to our goal.

Sam said...

Thanks for posting this Ann!

Cathie said...

yep a beautiful thing to do! We always here for each other. I too posted some info on my blog as well as a reader.

Ann Jacobs said...

Thanks, Cathie. The internet has given us all an extended family who'll step up and help when need like Camille's arises.

Lyn Cash said...

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on the review for your latest. *grin* And WTG on the kitty fund.