Wednesday, March 01, 2006



Whatever happened to Wrong Place, Wrong Time?

Darlene and Vlad took a long siesta about halfway through their story, while I went vampire hunting. A contracted story for Changeling crept up on me and had to be written in time for a Feb. 23 release, and Ellora's Cave decided it wanted rewrites of the first two urban fantasies I'd sold to them--for release in February and March respectively.

Now I'm back on track to wind up Wrong Place, Wrong Time? hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Then, it's off with it to Joey W. Hill, my incredibly talented critique partner...and my good friend Stephanie Burke, who's promised to whack me over the head if I've screwed up Darlene's character too badly! After they've done their thing, and I've fixed up messes they've pointed out, it will go to my EC editor... and hopefully the book will be released before too very long. Not in March, and probably not in April, either-- think May or June if I'm lucky and EC has a slot for it somewhere around that time.

Back to work! Blogging could definitely become a habit that would eat into my writing time! Happy reading, writing, or whatever it is you're doing today!

9 comments:

Cheyenne McCray said...

Awesome cover, Ann!

Rebecca Airies said...

Hey, busy is good. Great cover! I visited your site. Wrong Place, Wrong Time sounds very hot. Love BDSM as well as IR romance. I'll be looking forward to it.

Ann Jacobs said...

Thanks, Chey and Rebecca! Syneca did this cover, too. I've never seen one of hers I didn't like!

Am working on finishing WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME? but got waylaid this morning to pour on moresex to d'Argent Honor 2: Eternally His, scheduled for release this month.

No rest for the wicked!

Sam said...

I agree with Chey and Rebecca - the cover is beautiful.
Can't wait to read it! (Lucky Joey and Stephanie, lol)

Lyn Cash said...

ack - what a schedule! Great cover, Ann.

Ann Jacobs said...

Yeah, my schedule's pretty heavy right now, what with a meeting for FORBIDDEN FANTASIES coming up the end of the month... a meeting for which I'd love to be able to say I'd turned in my novella for this hardcover anthology...

Wrong Place is still not finished to my satisfaction! I must get nose back to grindstone!!

Cheyenne McCray said...

Tag, you're it! Describe yout Perfect Man!

cinquetta allen said...

Hi Ann!! I cannot wait for this book to come out. The cover is sweet and beautiful. I know this book is a part of a series. What is title of the first book. Get some rest stay strong and be bless!!!

Ann Jacobs said...

WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME? is a loosely connected sequel to TIP OF THE ICEBERG. The two short erotic BDSM contemporaries will be combined for print in BOUND BY LOVE (hopefully to be out late this year). My wonderful editor, SueEllen Gower, has been chatting with me about adding a third book, currently without a title but based on a previously published contemporary I wrote for Kensington back in 1999.

I love the cover, too! Syneca always does me right!!