Tuesday, November 22, 2005


Happy Thanksgiving!

If you're an American, you're doubtless getting ready for a day of celebration and Thanksgiving, a table loaded down with turkey and all the trimmings, and a frenzy of shopping afterward for those special holiday gifts. Maybe, with those holidays coming up fast--Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, the Winter Solstice, or whatever gives you reason to celebrate this time of year, it's time to think about the things you have to be thankful for this year.

For me, I'm thankful for my family...and the way some of my kids have shown new maturity, gotten down to the business of discovering what it is they want from life. And, of course, I'm grateful for the success I've had this year with my writing.


I'll be participating in FORBIDDEN FANTASIES, Ellora's Cave's first-ever HARDCOVER print anthology, with nine other great authors. Visit the Forbidden Fantasies blog and read all about the plans for this dynamite project that's due to release with great fanfare late next October. In addition, I have several other projects contracted at Ellora's Cave--hot, emotional stories I hope you'll all enjoy. The first of these, WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME, should come out in very early 2006. BLACK GOLD: ANOTHER LOVE, pictured above, will be available in print next month.

Changeling's first-ever print-only anthology will feature novellas by USA TODAY bestseller Angela Knight, Dakota Cassidy, Kate Hill and me. It's tentatively scheduled for release next spring. O POSITIVE, a vampire lonely-hearts spoof, will be part of Changeling's 2006 Valentine's Day celebration.

Yes, I have a great deal to be thankful for...family, friends, readers, even the fact that a cold front has passed through sunny Florida leaving it crisp and cool enough to begin getting into the holiday spirit! May you and your family have the best holiday season ever!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ann!!!

I agree with all you said - family is what I'm most grateful for - and good health and lots of contracts for books coming in!

Enjoy the turkey dinner!
(Here in France we are going to have chicken!)

Ann Jacobs said...

Hi, Sam! I hope you enjoyed your chicken--we did ham this year instead of turkey.

Yesterday one of my daughters and I braved the crowds and hit the designer outlet mall in Orlando--bought a few toys, but didn't have the fortitude to fight lines in the stores where they had such dynamite discounts on clothes. Some of the stores were so packed, we couldn't even get inside.

Enjoy the holiday season!And may many lucrative contracts come your way in the new year!